Diane reminded me that there are probably people out there vitally interested in what is surging through our headphones feeding voices from another world directly into our brains. So here’s another installment of Listening Party:
- Band of Horses – Everything All the Time Seattle sounds better than it did when I lived there.
- Bloc Party – A Weekend In the City Sure, it has ups and downs (and a ripoff of a Bangles cover of a Simon and Garfunkel song), but sounds good on the headphones.
- The Decemberists – The Crane Wife Just lovely. My favorite album of the year.
- The Hold Steady – Boys and Girls in America “She was a really cool kisser and she wasn’t all that strict of a christian. She was a damn good dancer but she wasn’t all that great of a girlfriend.” Awesome.
- Lily Allen – Alright, Still Boinky ska-pop. It’ll probably really get on my nerves in a month or two.
- Parliament – Parliament’s Greatest Hits ‘Cause for a minute there it felt like spring.