Apparently, faced with the possibility of a whole month of leisure after the big move, I’ve decided that I’ll be watching some TV. It all started when Julie and I sold our house and decided to each splurge on a gift for ourselves. Julie chose a chocolate temperer. Good choice.
I picked a ReplayTV. It’s the same thing as a Tivo, but infinitely more hackable. So far, in the two weeks since I bought it, I have:
- Added it to my wireless network using a wireless bridge
- Re-enabled the auotomatic commercial skip feature
- Re-enabled the internet sharing feature
- Installed software on my PC to let me download recordings from the ReplayTV
- Determined that I can stream from the RPTV to an Xbox modded with Xbox Media Center
Honestly, I haven’t channel surfed or watched a commercial in two weeks now. I’ll never go back to regular TV.